Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
Water remains the best environment to achieve full function regardless of injury. Warm water in particular improves motion and flexibility. The Physio Pool temperature is maintained around 35 degrees celsius and its massaging effects allow muscles to relax while helping to reduce pain. The natural buoyancy reduces gravitational pull and lessens compressive forces, hence making exercises much easier to perform than on land. Best of all, aquatic therapy can be used even if a patient does not know how to swim.
- Warm water facilitates muscle relaxation and increases peripheral circulation.
- Viscosity of water provides resistance for strength training.
- Warm water stimulates body awareness, balance and core stability.
- The reduction of gravitational forces in the pool allows the patient to perform strengthening exercises without causing further damage.
- Warm water and buoyancy results in decreased pain sensitivity.